When your friends invite you to their summer home on the Cape, you cannot show up empty-handed. Of course you should bring some summer rosé, but a homemade dessert really says ‘thank you’. These no-bake bars are the perfect summer dessert with their saltiness from the almond butter, the sweetness of the chocolate, and of course their gooeyness for summer fun! For easy transport, you can make this in a disposable tin pan that comes with a fit plastic top.
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup semisweet of dark Chocolate Chips, plus 1/4 cup for topping
- 2 handfuls Shaved Toasted Coconut, such as Bare Coconut Chips
- 1 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, melt the butter and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved, mix in the vanilla and the oats. Turn the heat down to low and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Be sure to mix well so that the oats are covered in the sugar butter.
- Pour half of the oat mixture into the prepared dish, spreading out evenly and pressing down to ensure it’s packed well for the base of your bar. Reserve the other half of the oats for the top layer.
- In a microsafe bowl, add the almond butter and the chocolate chips. Heat in 30-second increments, stirring until it’s smooth (all microwaves are different, so keep an eye on it). You can also use a glass bowl over a boiling pot of water.
- Pour the melted chocolate and almond butter mixture over the first oat layer in the dish, reserving about 1/4 cup for drizzling on the top.
- Pour the remaining oats mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing gently to pack the bar.
- Drizzle with the remaining melted chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of solid chocolate chips and the shaved coconut chips.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Cut the bars into individual servings, and serve slightly chilled or room temperature.
DID YOU MAKE IT & LOVE IT?
Post your picture & tag #APartyInMyPantry