This is one of those great pantry dishes; you keep the key items on hand and you use any mix of fresh vegetables you have that week. Since everyone has a different tolerance for spice, adjust the curries to your liking.
- 20-30 Frozen Shrimp, peeled, tailless & deveined
- 2 cans Coconut Milk
- 8 oz+ Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- Mix of Chopped Vegetables (bell peppers, mushrooms, green beans, yellow squash, zucchini, carrots, onion, bok choy… or any other favorite!)
- 2 tbsp Ginger, minced or pureed
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 6oz+ Green Curry Paste
- 1 tsp+ Curry Powder
- 1 package of Rice Noodles
- Limes, quartered
In a large pot, simmer the ginger in coconut oil over low/medium heat. Add all the vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add the green curry & curry powder (adjust amount to your liking) and mix well. Next, add the broth and coconut milk. Let simmer on low for 30 minutes or until the vegetables start to get soft. Add the rice noodles. If needed, add more broth. Simmer for another 20 minutes. Add shrimp – cook time will depend if raw or cooked. Serve hot with slices of fresh lime.